libpoppler (was: Help with configuration order)

>> [1] BTW you should really consider to apply
>> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-tetex/tetex-bin/trunk/debian/patches/patch-poppler?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>> to texlive's pdftex.
>
> Sure? Do you see less security holes in poppler than in xpdf? I patched
> the security fix for xpdf, so this should not be the problem. OTOH, I
> have read that poppler also has its security problems.

I think that using a library is the way to go.  It's really an annoying
hazzle to find patches for bugs discovered in current xpdf versions, but
for xpdf versions that happen to be  included in teTeX, or similar
TeXlive.

But I didn't feel comfortable with using poppler (I'd rather have a
libxpdf) until Martin Pitt from Ubuntu encouraged me to do so.  Which
security problems of libpoppler have you read of, and where (except the
current open bug, I'm currently preparing an NMU for it).