Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

> Do you have texlive-lang-cjk installed? If yes, don't do this! Why: It
> brings its own copies of norasi and garuda.

Interesting.  I will add it in the Conflicts: field.

> > In effect, dvips tries to search for "ftnr8z" (e.a.), while I have
>
> This is strange, the texlive map files also state norasi.pfb

> >   ftnr8z Norasi " C90Encoding ReEncodeFont " <c90.enc <norasi.pfb
>
> $ head /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvips/norasi/norasi.map
> ftnr8z Norasi " C90Encoding ReEncodeFont " <c90.enc <norasin.pfb

Upstream CJK advises to change norasi.pfb into norasin.pfb, norasi_b
to norasib, norasi_i to norasii and norasi_bi to norasibi (because of
the horrendous legacy of 8.3 filenames).

But since "thailatex" already provides the same Type1 fonts, I leave
them unchanged.  I *could* just provide the .pfb files (and rename
them as described in the CJK docs) in my own packages, but that would
be such a waste of precious bytes. ;)

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐