Re: dh_installtexfonts and dvips -P config.foo

> >> More precisely, install the latex-cjk-thai (and latex-cjk) package.
> >> You will find /usr/share/doc/latex-cjk/examples/thai.tex, which needs
> >> to be compiled with an Emacs Lisp script.
>
> BTW, this script seems to be missing from the packages on alioth

"latex-cjk" puts the cjk{space,tilde}.el files in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/.  I haven't found the time yet to install
them "the Debian way".

I've got these lines in my ~/.emacs:

  (load-library "cjk-enc")
  (global-set-key "\C-c \C-x" 'cjk-write-file) ; CTRL-C SPC CTRL-X writes a .cjk file

> >> You will find the result
> >> attached as "thai.cjk".  Run "latex thai.cjk" and a DVI file will be
> >> construed.  "dvips -Pnorasi -Pgaruda thai.dvi" will work without
> >> problems.
>
> Only after installing thailatex for the actual type1 font files -
> probably latex-cjk-thai should depend on it?

Package: latex-cjk-thai
Architecture: any
Depends: latex-cjk (= ${Source-Version}), tetex-base (>=3.0), tex-common (>=0.13), thailatex

Perhaps I should put a version, like I did in the Source: section
(thailatex (>= 0.3.2)).

> Danai, as to your other question:  Only teTeX should install files into
> /usr/share/texmf-tetex, and only texlive into /usr/share/texmf-texlive.
> All others should install into /usr/share/texmf.  This is explained in
> the TeX Policy draft in /usr/share/doc/tex-common, section "3.2
> directory trees".  If it's not explained in an understandable way,
> please tell us so that we can rephrase it.

Ouch.  My mistake, I should've checked it out.  Mea culpa, mea maxima
culpa.

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐