Re: tetex-base TEXMFDIST transition (was: SVN tetex commit: r387 - in tetex-base/trunk/debian: . rules.d)

On 09.12.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

> > * Since /etc/texmf is a real TEXMF tree now, TeX input files are no
> >   longer treated as configuration files.  Upon upgrade, unchanged files
> >   are removed, changed ones are moved to appropriate directories where
> >   they are found by kpathsea [frank]
> > * Install files in TEXMFDIST, i.e. /usr/share/texmf-tetex, and depend on
> >   tex-common (>=0.12) [frank]
>
> Done.  And it feels *very* good.  Of course the part about removing
> conffiles required some file counting and sorting, and fixes to the
> usual syntax errors and thinkos one makes.  But all in all, the
> maintainer scripts are less complex now.

Thats great! Thank you. In the last 3 years I've observed the
maintainer scripts becoming more and more complex. Good to hear, that
we can get rid of some code now. And no, my sig was selected by
fortune.

> I have not yet tested upgrades from 2.0.2, though.

I'll try to do so, if I have time.

H.
--
In every non-trivial program there is at least one bug.
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/