Re: svn.sty in Debian?

On 06.12.05 Joerg Sommer (joerg@alea.gnuu.de) wrote:
> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> > Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

Hi,

> >> is svn.sty[1] in a Debian package (I couldn't find it with
> >> packages.d.o) or is planed to pack it?
> >
> > Obviously not - but there's the package latex-svninfo by Adrian
> > von Bidder.  Either you can use it instead, or you can ask him to
> > include svn.sty additionally.
>
> Adrian told me in a privat mail, that he would not add svn.sty to
> his package. He suggest to create a new package. Is someone willing
> to do that? Otherwise I would try it, but this will not happen
> before christmas.

Go ahead! The maintainers of teTeX still handle the teTeX 3.0
transition and the texlive integration. Telling them "please do so"
will probably be ignored or at least delayed far beyond christmas.

Regards,
  Hilmar
--
In matters of principle, stand like a rock;
in matters of taste, swim with the current.