tetex-base TEXMFDIST transition (was: SVN tetex commit: r387 - in tetex-base/trunk/debian: . rules.d)

Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

> * Since /etc/texmf is a real TEXMF tree now, TeX input files are no
>   longer treated as configuration files.  Upon upgrade, unchanged files
>   are removed, changed ones are moved to appropriate directories where
>   they are found by kpathsea [frank]
> * Install files in TEXMFDIST, i.e. /usr/share/texmf-tetex, and depend on
>   tex-common (>=0.12) [frank]

Done.  And it feels *very* good.  Of course the part about removing
conffiles required some file counting and sorting, and fixes to the
usual syntax errors and thinkos one makes.  But all in all, the
maintainer scripts are less complex now.

I have not yet tested upgrades from 2.0.2, though.