Re: Upgrade to tetex-3

Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

> new it's time to give tetex 3 a new change. I updated from 2.0.2c-8 to
> 3.0-6 (current experimental for powerpc). But something went wrong...

Thank you for testing.  I think it's best if you open a bug report on
each of the issues separately.

> tetex-bin preinst failed at me, because I had the old
> version of texmf.cnf. I set conf_force_conffold=YES in ucf.conf which
> means the old version is used.
>
> #v+
> Richte tetex-bin ein (3.0-5) ...
> Merging information from /etc/texmf/texmf.d/ into /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf ... done
>
> An essential entry in /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf is missing. Fixing
>
> sed: -e Ausdruck #1, Zeichen 30: unknown command: `%'
> #v-

Uups, this I should have tested better... Worth a bug report so that it
can't be forgotten.

> The warning of update-fmtutils while the install is confusing.
>
> #v+
> Richte tetex-bin ein (3.0-5) ...
> Merging information from /etc/texmf/texmf.d/ into /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf ... done
> update-fmtutil's -v option is deprecated. The default mode of operation will
> be verbose as soon as enough packages use the --quiet option. Please update
> your scripts accordingly.

I know - I thought I had dropped the -v option meanwhile, but it seems I
didn't.

> Running updmap-sys. This may take some time. ...
> updmap failed. Output has been stored in
[...]
> updmap: Scanning for Map entries:
> updmap: using map file `/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/antp/antp.map'
>
> !!! ERROR! The map file `antt.map' has not been found at all.

This file shouldn't be referenced in any configuration file of 3.0.
Could you please send us the output of

grep antt.map /etc/texmf/updmap.d/*cfg

(preferably in a separate bug report)?

> But now I have problems compiling my latex files. When I run pdflatex on
>
> #v+
> \documentclass{scrreprt}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
> #v-
>
> I get this error:
>
> #v+
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/pifont.sty
> Package: pifont 2004/09/15 PSNFSS-v9.2 Pi font support (SPQR)

This is strange - it runs here without problems.  Can you
please add a line

\listfiles

before \documentclass, run pdflatex again, and send us the log file?