Re: [tex-live] Re: Proposal for a tex-base package

>> I lost the context, but isn't the whole variable Debian-specific?  I
>
> Not completely, I wrote that these lines are *only* in TEXLIVE and NOT
> in debian/tex-common, at that time. Now they are there, so I propose to
> just leave it as it is. Maybe we could add
> 	.zip;.Z
> to the TEXDOCSCOMPRESS and
> 	.html;.txt;.tex
> to TEXDOCSSUFFIX. But since I have no idea about texdoc in fact ATM I
> don't care.

Well, for everything we add we also have to add a handler in texdoc.
tex could be added and the handler for txt used, but html is already
there, but it's separate to make sure it is always at the end.

For zip/Z we'd need new code in texdoc, and probably a new depends, and
at least in tetex-doc there are no zip'ed files.