Re: [tex-live] Re: Proposal for a tex-base package

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> >> TEXDOCSSUFFIX   = ;.pdf;.ps;.dvi;.html;.txt;.tex
> >> TEXDOCSCOMPRESS = ;.gz;.bz2;.zip;.Z
> >> TEXDOCEXT       = {$TEXDOCSSUFFIX}{$TEXDOCSCOMPRESS}
>
> I lost the context, but isn't the whole variable Debian-specific?  I

Not completely, I wrote that these lines are *only* in TEXLIVE and NOT
in debian/tex-common, at that time. Now they are there, so I propose to
just leave it as it is. Maybe we could add
	.zip;.Z
to the TEXDOCSCOMPRESS and
	.html;.txt;.tex
to TEXDOCSSUFFIX. But since I have no idea about texdoc in fact ATM I
don't care.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
FORSINAIN (n. archaic)
The right of the lord of the manor to molest dwarves on their
birthdays.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff