Re: [tex-live] Re: Proposal for a tex-base package

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 10.06.05 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> % allow for compressed files, and various extenions
>> TEXDOCSSUFFIX   = ;.pdf;.ps;.dvi;.html;.txt;.tex
>> TEXDOCSCOMPRESS = ;.gz;.bz2;.zip;.Z
>> TEXDOCEXT       = {$TEXDOCSSUFFIX}{$TEXDOCSCOMPRESS}
>>
> In Debian we have:

[...]
> but this is really specific to Debian.

I lost the context, but isn't the whole variable Debian-specific?  I
think I remember that TE declined to use texmf.cnf for this type of
customization, and therefore refused to accept (at least part of) the
patch against texdoc.  Didn't check the sources, though.