Re: teteX-TeXLive interoperability

> The problem is that *some* texlive packages mix binaries with tex input
> files, so this would not allow a parallel installation.
>
> Or do we go for update-alternatives?

I would proceed like this:

- First move the files to TEXMFDIST

- Start removing conflicts in packages that only provide TeX input
  files, thus allowing parallel installation and usage

- Only after that (or if first user requests come in), think about
  packages that involve executables.  Whether we would use
  update-alternatives then, or some other mechanism can be decided later
  on.

It seems to me as if we would have plenty of time before we actually
have to care about that last issue, since the really important points to
address are the maintainer scripts, to allow smooth changing from one
system to the other.