Re: tetex-bin/debian/changelog.* ?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 04.11.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
>> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>> > Wehen checking out of the SVN the debian subdir of tetex-bin I get a
>> > lot of files changelog.*. Each seems to be the changelog for a
>> > special revision or something in between. Will these files be removed
>> > at any time later?
>>
>> Which files do you mean? I only see changelog and
>> changelog.Debian.experimental, and the latter is explained in the
>> first entry for 3.0 changelog:
>>
> Just another fault from my side. When I did an SVN checkout in
> earlier times I got files named changelog.r$REVISION and
> changelog.mine. I just thought, if these files are deleted from SVN
> they will be deleted from my local repository as soon as I do an
> checkout. I've deleted them now here and they did not pop up again.

These file come up if you have a local change that svn cannot merge with
a change that has happened in the repository meanwhile.  Upon update, it
tells you that the file conflicts, and gives you copies of the last
checked out revision before your changes, and the current revision, plus
your own file; in the changelog file itself there are some conflict
markers (<<<...)

> When looking at
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/x/xfree86/xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1/changelog
> one can see, that it contains the complete changelog of the
> experimental releases. No, I don't know, if he omitted the changelog
> of the unstable releases, happening in between.

I think it's a matter of taste.  I had a discussion about this on -devel
long ago, and decided to go the way I did now.