Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 15:56 schrieb Frank Küster :
> Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:
> >> I assume that the command
> >>
> >> $ kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFSYSVAR
> >> /var/lib/texmf
> >> $
> >>
> >> has the same output on your system, right?
> >
> > No, not really.
> > The output is
> > /var/lib/texmf
>
> But that _is_ the output on my system.
Oups!
I should take more care about my concentration.

> > while TEXMFSYSVAR is not defined.
> >
> > env | grep TEX results in
> > TEXINPUTS=/home/matthias/.tex
> > , the only TEX... variable, which is defined.
>
> All the TEXMF* variables are defined in kpathsea's configuration file,
> /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf (and in fact originally in
> /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf).
Ok.

> >> So let's dig deep.  Attached
> >> is a script, please save it as /usr/local/sbin/fmtutil-sys and make it
> >> executable.
> >
> > Excuse me, Frank, it seems, that this script was missing in your mail.
>
> Sorry, here it is.
Thanks.
Assumed,
fmtutil-sys > fmtutil-sys.lg 2>&1
should be
fmtutil-sys-debug  > fmtutil-sys.lg 2>&1
you will find the output file attached to this mail.

>> For today, I will finish here. I am back again on Wednesday, because of a
>> holiday in Germany tomorrow.

> Also in some Kantön of Switzerland - but not in Zürich.  We have only
> heathen holidays, like Sechseläuten and Knabenschiessen...
As long als you have an adequate number of holidays, this should be no
disadvantage.

Viele Grüße
Matthias
+ test -f /bin/ksh
+ unset RUNNING_KSH
+ test -f /bin/bsh
+ unset RUNNING_BSH
+ test -n ''
+ : fmtutil
+ argv0=fmtutil
+ version=1105809354
+ cnf=fmtutil.cnf
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 -eq 0 ']'
+ main
+ destdir=
+ cnf_file=
+ cmd=
+ needsCleanup=false
+ need_find_hyphenfile=false
+ cfgparam=
+ cfgmaint=
+ tmpdir=/tmp/fmtutil.6046
+ verboseFlag=true
+ mktexfmtMode=false
+ case $argv0 in
+ case $1 in
+ break
+ case "$cmd" in
+ help
+ cat
Usage: fmtutil [option] ... cmd [argument]

Valid options:
  --cnffile file
  --fmtdir directory
  --quiet                    (not implemented, just for compatibility)
  --test                     (not implemented, just for compatibility)
  --dolinks                  (not implemented, just for compatibility)
  --force                    (not implemented, just for compatibility)

Valid commands:
  --all                      recreate all format files
  --missing                  create all missing format files
  --refresh                  recreate only existing format files
  --byfmt formatname         (re)create format for `formatname'
  --byhyphen hyphenfile      (re)create formats that depend on `hyphenfile'
  --enablefmt formatname     enable formatname in config file
  --disablefmt formatname    disable formatname in config file
  --listcfg                  list (enabled and disabled) configurations,
                             filtered to available formats
  --catcfg                   output the content of the config file
  --showhyphen formatname    print name of hyphenfile for format `formatname'
  --edit                     edit fmtutil.cnf file
  --version                  show version info
  --help                     show this message
+ true
+ cleanup
+ rc=0
+ false