Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Am Montag, 31. Oktober 2005 14:15 schrieb Frank Küster :
> Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:
> >> ls -l /var/lib/texmf/web2c/*fmt
> >
> > file not found.
> > There are no files ending with fmt in /var/lib/texmf/web2c
>
> [...]
>
> >> kpsewhich --show-path fmt
> >
> > .:!!/root/.texmf-config/web2c:!!/root/.texmf-var/web2c:/root/texmf/web2c:
> >!!/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c:!!/var/lib/texmf/web2c:!!/usr/share/texmf/w
> >eb2c
>
> This is realy strange - although kpsewhich knows about the right path to
> look for format files, it doesn't seem to *put* them there when they are
> created.
>
> I assume that the command
>
> $ kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFSYSVAR
> /var/lib/texmf
> $
>
> has the same output on your system, right?
No, not really.
The output is
/var/lib/texmf
while TEXMFSYSVAR is not defined.

env | grep TEX results in
TEXINPUTS=/home/matthias/.tex
, the only TEX... variable, which is defined.

> So let's dig deep.  Attached
> is a script, please save it as /usr/local/sbin/fmtutil-sys and make it
> executable.
Excuse me, Frank, it seems, that this script was missing in your mail.

The following I will run, when I received the script.
> After this, run
>
> fmtutil-sys > fmtutil-sys.lg 2>&1
>
> and send us the resulting file fmtutil-sys.lg
>
> TIA, Frank

For today, I will finish here. I am back again on Wednesday, because of a
holiday in Germany tomorrow.

Greetings,
Matthias