Re: cm-super for Debian, problems with tetex

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

> On Fre, 26 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
>> Norbert, what do you have in texlive-basics?
>
>  This package includes the following CTAN packages:
>  bibtex -- Bibliography management for LaTeX.
>  cm -- Computer Modern fonts.

MF, Type1 or both? Does this include the EC fonts? How about the LH
fonts (one version of cyrillic CM)?

>  cmex -- The cmex package.

What's in here? Probably fmex[789].pfb from tt2001.

>  lm -- Latin modern fonts in type 1 format.
>  mflogo -- LaTeX support for MetaFont and  logo fonts.
>  amsfonts --  TeX fonts from the American Mathematical Society.

MF, Type1 or both?

[...]
> These are the tpm packages included. If you need a list of actual fonts
> included in this, tell me.

Not now, but maybe at some later time.

> Then there is texlive-fontsrecommended:
>  This package includes the following CTAN packages:
>  adobeuro -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  avantgar -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  bookman -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  cmextra -- No caption.
>  courier -- The courier package.
>  euro --  Arbitrary national currency amounts using the Euro as base unit.
>  euro-ce -- Euro currency symbol and CE mark.
>  eurofont -- Provides a command that prints a euro symbol.
>  eurosans -- Interface to Adobe's free Euro fonts.
>  eurosym -- No caption.
>  helvetic -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  mathtime -- No caption.
>  ncntrsbk -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  palatino -- No caption.
>  psnfssx --  Extra styles and encodings for PostScript fonts.
>  pxfonts -- Palatino-like fonts in support of mathematics.
>  symbol -- Symbol font.
>  times -- No caption.
>  timesnew -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  tipa -- Fonts and macros for IPA phonetics characters.
>  txfonts -- Times-like fonts in support of mathematics.
>  utopia -- Adobe Utopia fonts.
>  wasy -- The wasy fonts (Waldis symbol fonts).
>  wasysym -- LaTeX support file to use the WASY2 fonts
>  zapfchan -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
>  zapfding -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).

Interesting. Where are the actual fonts for avantgar, bookman, helvetic,
ncntrsbk, etc? Ie where are the LW35 fonts from URW? Where are the pazo
fonts? (Personal interest: where are the FPL fonts ;-)

BTW, what is in the utopia package. The fonts themself are not free!
Utopia is one of the nonfree but distrebutable fonts I wnated to make
debs for. If TeX Live includes the metrics, I will have to split up that
quite a bit ...

cheerio
ralf