Re: anonymous cvs checkout @ debian

On 11.04.05 Hilmar Preusse (hille42@web.de) wrote:
> On 11.04.05 Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org) wrote:
> > Hilmar Preusse wrote:

Hi,

> > > I tried to do an anonymous checkout from the Debian cvs server.
> > > Unfortunately that doesn't work at my side. The only message I
> > > get is:
> > >
> > > preusse@preusse ~ $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex \
> > > co -rexperimental tetex-base/debian
> > >
> > > cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.debian.org:
> > > Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options-and-arguments]
> > > preusse@preusse ~ $
> > >
> > > Anybody experiencing similar problems? Is the anonymous access
> > > disabled actually?
> >
> > Well... it was disabled in an incorrect fashion for another
> > repository during the recovery of gluck, fixed now.
> >
> Still not working:
>
> preusse@preusse ~ $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex co -rexperimental tetex-base/debian
> cvs server: Updating tetex-base/debian
> cvs [server aborted]: unrecognized operation '\x20' in /cvs/tetex/tetex-base/debian/Attic/preinst.in,v
> preusse@preusse ~ $

Frank wrote a status message, that he cleaned up some things.
Unfortunately he must have left a lock file. Since yesterday I get:

preusse@preusse ~ $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex co -rexperimental tetex-base/debian
cvs server: Updating tetex-base/debian
cvs server: [06:15:27] waiting for frank's lock in /cvs/tetex/tetex-base/debian
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal

preusse@preusse ~ $ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex co tetex-base/debian
cvs server: Updating tetex-base/debian
cvs server: [06:15:39] waiting for frank's lock in /cvs/tetex/tetex-base/debian
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal

Thanks in advance,
  Hilmar
--
So live that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the
town gossip.