Re: pdflatex stymied after update to tetex-extra 2.0.2a-2

On Fri  6 Aug 2004 23:39, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> My small file debian-doc conversion is also broken since it uses
> pdflatex: ....
>
> Transcript written on pdflatex.log.  rm: cannot remove
> `/var/lib/texmf/web2c/pdflatex.log': Permission denied [cut]

I forgot to say, I also had this problem before. As you could see in
my last message in this thread, changing to more liberal user access
did not help very much. I wonder if it isn't just a symptom of another
bug...

I have managed to fix my system again, and I think it is related to or
caused by bug #263840. So check it out, it may be your problem too.

regards,
--
Fredrik Jonson