Re: Policy, updmap --enable and updmap.cfg in /etc or /var

Hi,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> What will happen when you need to change your 10lmodern.cfg, because
> there's an additional map file or so? Just diff'ing, or use ucf?

Well, well, well. I looked at ucf this morning, and it is supposed to do
just what I need. Unfortunately, my tests with --three-way all failed
miserably (the file was never put into the cache), and since the docs
don't say much about it, I had to read the ucf script and add debugging
statements here and there to find out why it didn't work. Finally, it
seems that the problem (at least, the first one) lies in debconf (ucf's
THREEWAY variable becomes unset or empty after ucf has sourced
/usr/share/debconf/confmodule; of course, that is something to expect
when you source a script but it seems to be the recommended way in
debconf-devel(7), so I don't think I can blame ucf for this). But I'm
less enthusiastic about ucf now that I have seen its code. :-/
IMHO, it's a nice hack, but in the current form is *not* suited for a
wide use such as debconf's use.

As a consequence, I'm still pondering what I'm going to do about this
issue...

--
Florent