Re: [tetex-3.0] beta for tetex-3.0, release plan for Debian packages?

On 16.03.04 Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:
> From: Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de>

Hi,

> > If we know that, we should do exactly what I suggested to make
> > sure, these packages do even build. Well, I'm not sure, what is
> > better: binary incompatible packages due to the changes in the
> > lib and the legacy package or packages, which don't compile due
> > to the changes.
> >
> I didn't understand you clearly but please note that there would
> (or could at least) be really some packages which couldn't build
> with libkpathsea4.

I guess, I missed the word "legacy packages". AFAICS now Frank plans
to provide further libkpathsea{3,-dev} for these packages, which
haven't changed the interface yet. Run the new tetex and the new
libkpathsea4 parallel and leave the migration of the "old" packages
and the removal of libkpathsea3 to post-sarge.

Sorry for confusion,
  Hilmar
--
You have a will that can be influenced by all with whom you come in contact.
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/