Re: [tetex-3.0] beta for tetex-3.0, release plan for Debian packages?

On 26.02.04 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:

Hi all,

> One major issue is that libkpathsea has a new soname, libkpathsea.so.4
> Since many packages will want to link against libkpathsea3, we will have
> to provide a legacy package for them.

No I guess not. We have just to find out, which packages link to
libkpathsea3 and start to file bug reports against these packages as
soon as libkpathsea4 has been uploaded. The packages normally just
need a rebuild. Yes, this will take time and we shouldn't do that if
we know, sarge is just a few weeks ahead.

> The files can be obtained from http://people.debian.org/~frank/

I've got my CD with teTeX-beta today and I'll have a look at your
work.

Hilmar
--
If you give Congress a chance to vote on both sides of an issue, it
will always do it.