Re: questions regarding patch-tmp

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: questions regarding patch-tmp
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:38:30 +0100

> * texmf.in: Why do we allow searches for files on disk instead of
>   restricting searches to ls-R, as in upstream? This would speed up
>   searching, and properly installed packages should regenerate ls-R
>   anyway.

I forgot to mention but real stuffs to be installed
were in texmf.d/ and not texk/kpathsea/texmf.in

I don't know if there is a good method or not but I
have checked if patched texk/kpathsea/texmf.in and
one concatenated texmf.d/* were synchronized.
(but there is already Debian specific file 90TeXDoc.cnf
under texmf.d/ )

Anyway please note real stuffs are under texmf.d/

Regards,		       2004-2-24(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima