Re: questions regarding patch-tmp

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: questions regarding patch-tmp
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:38:30 +0100

> during the weekend, I had a look at the new upstream beta code and at
> the patches we apply. A couple of questions arose, this mail contains
> the questions for patch-tmp.

Thanks for your effort.

> * regarding mktexlsr:
>
> The ls_R_magic test is still not skipped if the ls-R file exists but has
> size zero. I don't know anything about the history of this patch -
> hasn't it been submitted to upstream? Or is it only a Debian problem
> that somebody frequently touches empty ls-R files - then we should move
> it to patch-deb, shouldn't we?

As far as I know it hasn't been submitted to upstream
so it's okay to move it to patch-deb and other possibility
might be to submit it to upstream.

I guess the problem could be not Debian specific.

Regards,		       2004-2-24(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima