Re: questions regarding patch-src

Re-hi,

frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) wrote:

> **************
> * texk/web2c/pdftexdir/writefont.c
>
> In this file we add the line
>
> #include "../../../libs/xpdf/goo/gmem.h"  /* gmalloc() */
>
> However, as I said the upstream sources compile fine in sid (I didn't
> try yet to dpkg-buildpackage).

The comment suggests that the include was added so that the prototype of
the gmalloc function be known by the C compiler when compiling this
module, and there is no gmalloc call in the writefont.c from
tetex-bin-2.0.2 (the version in unstable). If there is no such call in
your version, it is probably safe to remove the include line.

> return 1 ; /* note:  there *is* no unsuccessful return */
>
> This is the case both in 2.0.2 and in the beta version (2.95.0). So it
> does return a boolean, doesn't it?

Most probably.

/tmp/tetex-bin-2.0.2 % grep "typedef.*boolean" **/*.h           sid flo@florent
libs/type1/util.h:typedef int boolean;
texk/dvipdfm/pdfobj.h:typedef struct pdf_boolean pdf_boolean;
texk/dvipsk/dvips.h:typedef char boolean;
texk/kpathsea/types.h:typedef int boolean;
texk/ps2pkm/util.h:typedef int boolean;
texk/web2c/cwebdir/common.h:typedef short boolean;

> * texk/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.c

[...]

> However, in the same thread there was a patch that added libpaper
> support to dvipdfm. Why hasn't this been incorporated?

That, I don't know...

--
Florent