patch maintenance in tetex-bin

Hi all, especially Atsuhito,

do you use any tools to handle the patches in debian/patches of
tetex-bin (and base also)?

I'm wondering because I tried to build a package from the new beta
sources for tetex-3.0, and as expected some hunks fail or succeed with
fuzzyness. The changes in the patches are nicely documented in the
CVS changelog. But I guess you don't edit the patch files themselves...

So, when you make changes, do you have any helper scripts or the like?
Or do you just apply one patch manually, do the edits and manually
create a new one?

Thanks in advance, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie