Re: patch maintenance in tetex-bin

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: patch maintenance in tetex-bin
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:14:50 +0100

> Hi all, especially Atsuhito,

Hi,

> do you use any tools to handle the patches in debian/patches of
> tetex-bin (and base also)?

No, I don't know such kind of tool at all.

> So, when you make changes, do you have any helper scripts or the like?
> Or do you just apply one patch manually, do the edits and manually
> create a new one?

Manually edit (sigh ;)  In old packages, there was no
patch so, mainly for smooth cvs-upgrade, I extracted
Debian specific modification from tetex-bin/base_*.diff.gz

tetex-bin (1.0.7+20011202-8.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * For smooth upgrading, I collected every modifications to patch-deb,
    so I hope cvs-upgrade would not cause troubles.
    Please do NOT upload this version.  [kohda]

and when I upgraded from 1.0.7+20011202 to 20021025,
20021025 to 2.0, 2.0 to 2.0.1, 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I did
necessary modifications manually.

But this was mainly because I didn't have sufficient
knowledge on script languages etc.

Regards,		      2004-2-20(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima