Re: Licenses of tetex and its parts

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:

> On 26.11.03 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> P.S. What about the idea of putting together a package
>> tetex-2.0.2-nowfree which contains files that previously have been
>> removed from tetex (or Debian) due to license problems, but now are
>> freed?
>>
> Which packages are you thinking about? The only packages, which
> actually come to my mind are: fvrb-ex, fancyvrb, the swedish
> hyphenation patterns and pst-osci (thanks to the work of C.M.
> Connelly). All that stuff will probably be included in next
> teTeX-release and we just have to put it into Debian teTeX.

Yes, these packages. And the reason why I thought about a separate
package is that sarge might be released before there is a new
teTeX-release. I say it might, at least there is a timeline for sarge's
release which we can say "we ar n weeks behind", but no timeline at all
for tetex, AFAIS.

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie