Re: Copyright for font files.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, [iso-8859-15] Frank Küster wrote:
> > My question: what is the copyright of these fonts? The source for the
> > fonts are *.pbf files. The fonts are cmex10, cmmi10, cmr10, cmsy10,
> > msam10, msbm10, wasy10.
> >
> > PS. Please Cc me. I'm not on that mailing list.
>
> is there any information available about the copyright of fonts in
> tetex, besides the statements in individual files? These are not very
> clear - there's been some discussion about that on debian-legal when the
> DFSG-freeness off LPPL was discussed. See e.g.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200208/msg00061.html
>
> (just in case you didn't know. Probably you do, and don't want to look
> at it...)

I.e.

cmex10.pbf:

Copyright (C) 1997 American Mathematical Society.  All Rights Reserved.

cmex10.mf

% THIS IS THE OFFICIAL COMPUTER MODERN SOURCE FILE cmex10.mf BY D E KNUTH.
% IT MUST NOT BE MODIFIED IN ANY WAY UNLESS THE FILE NAME IS CHANGED!

Is it enough for copyright file? Is this font is DFSG compatible?

BTW, Debian source packages are at
http://people.debian.org/~dexter/latex-xft-fonts/

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia S.A.                            .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :