Re: plan of next upload

From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
Subject: Re: plan of next upload
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:59:27 +0100

> Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> schrieb:
>
> > So only main fix left would be of #208408 and there
> > was a patch so would be done in a few days, I guess.
>
> As far as I see, the patch was ready to be applied. However, I might
> have missed or forgotten something while I was away.

No, I didn't think the patch was not ready to be applied.
Sorry if my mail gave you such impression ;)

I only think there are few points for which I'd like to
get confirmation of you.

1) This would be trivial but I think the following
lines should be uncommented as

+	    DEFAULTS_MERGED="$DEFAULTS, $RET"
+	    DEFAULT_ANS=`echo -n  $DEFAULTS_MERGED | tr -d ',' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort -u | tr '\n' ',' | sed 's/,$//'`

because you already agreed to change comments

+    # If we add a default in the future, or somebody has added
+    # patterns in the buggy versions, there might be double
+    # occurences. we have to fish them out.

2) Also, I think you wrote as

+    # Every user has to see this question once again, even if he/she has
+    # yet answered the question in a previous upgrade. But this script
+    # is run again on every subsequent upgrade, and by postinst, we have
+    # to check for that.

but we used "shown_again" flag in a if-check line like

+    db_fget tetex-bin/hyphen shown_again
+    if [ "$RET" = "false" ]; then
+	db_fset tetex-bin/hyphen seen false
+	db_fset tetex-bin/hyphen shown_again true
+    fi

so I suspect there is no need to check in postinst.
But I'm not so sure on this point.

If I was wrong please let me know.  And I will apply
the patch and upload the new version within this week,
at least.

BTW, I've a feeling that sarge might be released in a very
near future so it would be safe not to modify tetex-* too
much any more.

Regards,			2003-11-4(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima