Re: who can close bug?

On 02.05.03 Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for not responding for a long time.

> I am wondering recently then that who can close the bugs which
> should be closed.

As Julian said, everybody can close bugs. But I don't think it's very
polite to get this thing done by others than the maintainer or the
submitter. I'm not even a Debian developer, hence I hesitate to do
so. If I track down a bug to a point, where it is obvious that it
can be closed it, it should be not much work for an official
developer of tetex to send an E-Mail to xxx-close@debian...
If you think it's OK, that I do so nevertheless, I'll go ahead.
Thanks for your trust in me.

> For example, Hilmar Preusse has investigated BTS very carefully and
> advised us such and such should be closed and I closed some (very
> few?) of them recently.

Well I wouldn't like to overestimate the work I've done until now.
Due to some personal circumstances a have in the moment a lot of time
to kill I can contribute to Debian. I hope, that will change in the
future...

H.
--
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call
what he writes fiction.