Re: Other CTAN packages

On 16.03.03 Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:

Hi,

> I guess it is no problem to package CTAN packages which are not
> included in tetex packages.

How about packages, which *are* in the teTeX package? AFAICS there
are at least 2 wishlist bugs talking about that. The idea behind is,
that in the teTeX-package are a few LaTeX packages, which are more
often updated from upstream than teTeX itself, e.g. KOMA-Skript. I
know, that would make a bit trouble for the teTeX-maintainer, but
would give us the chance to have more recent software in Debian on
release time. I can understand, that teTeX wasn't that often updated
from upstream due to the size of the package.
Just an idea.

Hilmar
--
Soldiers who wish to be a hero