Re: Other CTAN packages

From: CSC Librarian <librarian@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Other CTAN packages
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:53:11 -0500

> Hi guys,
>
> 	I've noticed that I use a lot of CTAN packages that aren't
> available in Debian.  I'm assuming that you have some experience with
> packaging TeX things so I was wondering what you thought would be best.
>
> 	I already maintain the circ-tex package, and I want to package
> up more.  However, since there is no TeX policy for Debian, I am
> hesitatnt to do so without consulting you.  Do you have any issues with
> creating many different *-tex packages (much like the -perl packages?)

I guess it is no problem to package CTAN packages
which are not included in tetex packages.

About circ-tex, I suspect that "fmtutil --missing" in
postinst would be unnecessary because circ-tex seemed
not to generate any *.fmt file as far as I checked.

I'm not think this helps you but README.Debian of tetex-bin
explains a bit about our packaging and please note that

- /usr/share/texmf/doc is not a directory but a symlink of
/usr/share/doc/texmf/
- /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config is not a directory but a
symlink of /etc/texmf/dvips/

There might be some more which is not a directory but a
symlink of some directory in tetex packages.

Thanks,			     2003-3-16(Sun)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.