Re: Bits from tetex maintainers

From: Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org>
Subject: Re: Bits from tetex maintainers
Date: 20 Dec 2002 10:18:04 +0100

> > - font package foo should put map file, e.g. foo.map, somewhere
> >   in /usr/share/texmf/dvips// ?
>
> I think it belongs to /etc/texmf/dvips as that's where .map files are
> put today - and it makes sense as people should be able to modify their
> .map's if they want to.

Ah, I forgot that /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config was a symlink
of /etc/texmf/dvisp, so you are right.  I7m too hasty.

> > - it (foo.map) should be registered in umdmap.cfg like
> >   Map foo.map ?
> > - so font package foo should put a file 10foo.cfg with
> >   the content "Map foo.map" in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
> >   and run update-updmap to generate updmap.cfg ?
>
> Exactly.

Okay, but Julian said

From: Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:04:49 +0000

> Could well work.  Also, since updmap is the only file which reads
> updmap.cfg, it may not be hard to convert it to read updmap.cfg AND
> the updmap.d directory directly, without rewriting the updmap.cfg
> file.  Although it probably makes sense if all of the config files in
> tetex work in the same way.

so if this is really not so hard, this might be better than
my idea.  Anyway, this issue concerns conffiles and/or
configuration files, we should decide how to do.

Best regards,		       2002-12-20(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.