Re: Bits from tetex maintainers

Le lun 16/12/2002 à 08:54, Atsuhito Kohda a écrit :

> # In TeX related fonts, they need to support TeX itself
> # and also DVIwares, I guess.  And DVIwares have their
> # own way to support extra fonts so it might be difficult
> # to provide proper way to make font packages work well.
>
> I would like to remark only one point.  In the latest
> tetex-bin, updmap is ordinary file in /usr/bin and it
> reads updmap.cfg which is a conffile.
>
> I didn't investigate updmap yet but the same kind of
> scheme work for a pair of updmap and updmap.cfg ?

Most of the available font packages provide map files, and the only
required modification is to reference them in the updmap file.
The new updmap.cfg syntax seems perfect to handle those font packages,
but it shouldn't be a conffile.

We could put everything in e.g. /etc/texmf/updmap.d/ and get
/usr/bin/updmap to read all files in this directory instead of its
single conffile. The, font packages would only have to put a file
referencing their .map's in this directory.

Regards,