Re: Bits from tetex maintainers

From: Josselin Mouette <josselin.mouette@ens-lyon.org>
Subject: Re: Bits from tetex maintainers
Date: 16 Dec 2002 14:51:02 +0100

> > I didn't investigate updmap yet but the same kind of
> > scheme work for a pair of updmap and updmap.cfg ?
>
> Most of the available font packages provide map files, and the only
> required modification is to reference them in the updmap file.
> The new updmap.cfg syntax seems perfect to handle those font packages,
> but it shouldn't be a conffile.

I will make updmap.cfg a configuration file instead of
a conffile if necessary.

> We could put everything in e.g. /etc/texmf/updmap.d/ and get
> /usr/bin/updmap to read all files in this directory instead of its
> single conffile. The, font packages would only have to put a file
> referencing their .map's in this directory.

Sorry but I am a bit busy to keep track of new teTeX beta
so I didn't investigate updmap yet but my understanding is;

- font package foo should put map file, e.g. foo.map, somewhere
  in /usr/share/texmf/dvips// ?
- it (foo.map) should be registered in umdmap.cfg like
  Map foo.map ?
- so font package foo should put a file 10foo.cfg with
  the content "Map foo.map" in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
  and run update-updmap to generate updmap.cfg ?

If my understanding is wrong, please let us show concrete
design or idea.

Thanks,			2002-12-20(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.