Re: Bug #92562, xmltex, & texmf.conf

From: Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
Subject: Re: Bug #92562, xmltex, & texmf.conf
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:20:40 +0900

> Thanks for your kindness.  Okay I will try it.

Before I start to try it, I would like to hear opinion
from members.

Of course there are alternatives.

One simple way is that tetex-bin generates texmf.cnf in
postinst with e.g.,
"cp /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/examples/texmf.cnf /etc/texmf"
or "echo real-contents /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf" or similar
instead of shipping a real texmf.cnf in the package
then texmf.cnf is not a conffile anymore so other packages
can modify it safely (without violating the policy).

The advantage will be simpler and so perhaps safer.

The drawbacks might be that it could cause scattering of many
variants of texmf.cnf

Best regards,		   2002.3.8

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.