Re: Bug #92562, xmltex, & texmf.conf

From: Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>
Subject: Re: Bug #92562, xmltex, & texmf.conf
Date: 02 Mar 2002 13:25:06 +0100

> > Yes, yes we should be concerned.  We (teTeX) should provide
> > some mechanism to handle this kind of problem.
> >
> > For example, under the environment I proposed,
>
> Yes your are right. But until we have method for doing this, it is a bug
> in all the packages which write in texmf.conf.

Yes, but how about my proposed method?  We should
provide some mechanism in anyway.

As far as I know,

ptex-bin, jtex-bin, multex-bin and xmltex (at least) will
need to modify texmf.cnf

ptex-jtex, jbibtex-bin and dvipsk-ja changed their packaging
at present (to avoid RC bug!) and don't modify texmf.cnf
but they are not in good situation.  For example, ptex-jtex
forces a user to modify texmf.cnf after installation.

There might be a few more packages which need to modify
texmf.cnf but I don't recognize them...

Best regards,			2002.3.4

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima