tex live ?

Is there any plans to package tex live?  I find that it's a more
decentralized but yet very high quality tex distribution, and it seems
to be updated more frequently than tetex.

I've got the CD here, and it's really quite good.  It has it's own
mini-install system, and I think that could be exploited by a package
building subsystem to make packages out of it very easily.  You could
either go for a very fine-grained approach (texlive-<extension>) or
else a more monolithic approach such as tetex has.

FYI, I'm not on this list, so you'd have to CC me on any discussions.