searching for mfpic.

Hello, ...

i was wanting to use the mfpic module (to do picture style drawings with metafont),
and didn't wfind it in the debian packages.

So i would like to know if it trully is not there, or if i just missed it.

If it is not included, which is the most probable case, is there
a particular reason for that, and what is the best method of
installing it locally ?

Should i just copy it over to the tex base dir, or is there some /usr/local/texmf
or similar solution (since /usr/share/texmf belongs to debian
and i should not move stuff there).

Or should i make a small package with it, or is there a script or something
which can take modules out of the CTAN archive and make debian packages of them ?

I looked around, and altough i thought that the README.Debian file
would contain such information, this is not the case, and also i was not able to
find any information about what packages are included in the debian packages.

I hope i am not asking trivial questions whose answer can be found by reading
documentation provided by the packages, if so i missed them and beg for forbidness in advance.

Friendly,

Sven Luther