Re: New upload of the teTeX packages <Pine.NEB.4.33.0103251318180.24180-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>

Hi,

 <[🔎] Pine.NEB.4.33.0103251318180.24180-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Masayuki Hatta wrote:

> It's possible to make a seperate *-ja package. Another idea would be to
> get them included in the upstream versions of dvips and xdvi - note that
> Thomas Esser (teTeX upstream) isn't upstream of these programs, he does
> only include them in his teTeX distribution.

Seems not.  According to www.radicaleye.com(dvips's the original
upstream):

  Dvips

    To get the latest version of dvips, simply get the latest version of
    teTeX or some other TeX distribution that includes dvips.  For a list
    of distributions, start at TUG. I no longer support installation of
    dvips independent of full installation of a TeX distribution.

So now teTeX should be regarded as the upstream of dvips.  I couldn't
find the stand alone dvips 5.86x at ftp.dante.de anyway...

I guess it's possible to strip down teTeX source and only leave stuff
necessary for building dvips, but it would be tedious work...

> > BTW I can ITP the old dvipsk-ja 5.78 at any moment.  How do you think?

> I think it would make more sense to package the current version or you'll
> get bug reports about bugs in the old version of dvips.

Agreed.  But now I'm thinking about uploading it as a "temporary
solution".

Best regards,
MH

--