Re: Open Bugs With Patches/Fixes

From: Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>
Subject: Re: Open Bugs With Patches/Fixes
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:27:41 +0100 (MET)

> I really need some more support with Debian tetex. I don't have the
> time to look into all the bugs and see whether they are user errors,
> upstream bugs or Debian bugs. I appreciate the work people have done
> in the past time. But it was really quite on the maintainer list in
> the last months. I actually don't even know how many people are
> actively reading this list and are willing to contribute.
>
> I don't know how the other maintainer groups do this, but we need a
> group of people who commit themselfs to maintaining Debian
> tetex. Everyone out of this group would be authorized to make official
> uploads, close bugs etc.

I agree that we might need more efficient way so that cooperation
works much more, but I don't know how to do really.

It is rather difficult for a member of this group, at least, to
upload tetex packages because it would be so bad to cause chaotic
state of tetex packages.

We might need some concrete guideline to make uploads, close
bugs, etc...

Best Regards,		     2001.3.21

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.