Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato

From: Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>
Subject: Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:20:41 +0200 (MET DST)

> Atsuhito Kohda writes:
>  > Furthermore it is not difficult to achive this, it is only
>  > necessary to modify xdvi script of tetex-bin in POTATO as
>  >
>  > if [ X$LANG = Xja_JP.ujis -a -x /usr/X11R6/bin/xdvi-ja.bin ] ; then
>  > exec xdvi-ja.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}
>  > else
>  > exec xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}
>  > fi
>  >
> ..
>  >
>  > So I wish someone who is already a Debian developer or very
>  > near to Debian developer will upload the modified tetex-bin
>  > to POTATO as soon as possible!
>
> I could do it, but I don't see how we could get it into potato at this
> late time. Only packages with fixes for important bugs have a chance
> now. And this is not an important bug, but only a wishlist feature. Am
> I missing anything?

No, you did not miss anything.  It is very unfortunate but
I can understand it might be too late for potato.

I tried to request this hoping if it could be possible by any
chance.

>  > It will really help many Japanese users of Debian, I believe.
>
> I can imagine ..

I appreciate your comments, thanks a lot.  And I hope that
all members of tetex-maint will help us on this issue in woody.

Best Regards,			   2000.7.26

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>