Re: Splitting teTeX

    So, the status of teTeX is, that it I am not aware of non-free packages
    in it.

Great!  Will you have a chance to make a release some time soon?

    That does not mean that teTeX if free of non-free packages. Someone
    still needs to do a complete check of each and every file. I will do this
    sooner or later, but until Oct. 2001, by PhD has a much higher priority.
    So, if you want to accellerate this process, I do need the help of
    some volunteer.

I have an idea.  We should divide this into two steps:

1. Finding all files that have any unusual license condition.

2. Checking the licenses that appear in these files
to make sure all of them qualify as free software licenses.

For number 1, if you have not yet done it, my idea is that you should
post a list of the files which you know of that have unusual license
conditions.  Then we can offer to pay $25 to anyone who can report a file
which has a special license condition and is not in your list.

For number 2, the best thing is for me to check each of the unusual license
conditions that has been found.