Re: [install AMD64] ICH8/ESB2 Hardware RAID support on "testing"

Hi,

On 17 nov. 06, at 06:35, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

You don't want to do this. Linux can emulate most pseudo raids but the
better solution is to use linux software raid. It is better tested and
supported and is hardware independent. Imagine your mainboard failing
and you can't read your pseudo raid on the new board anymore.

yep, I've had other replies advising me not to use this onboard pseudo-raid. Now my problem is that the debian installer fir testing AMD64 is not able to build a RAID.

Patrick PRONIEWSKI
--
Administrateur Système - SENTIER - Université Lumière Lyon 2