[install AMD64] ICH8/ESB2 Hardware RAID support on "testing"

Hi,

On a brand new server I have an ICH8/ESB2 chipset onboard. It features RAID 0,1,10,5 capability. Unfortunately, if a create a RAID volume into the chipset BIOS, this RAID volume remains unseen from the "testing" install CD, and the installer will see all 4 HD like there is no RAID at all. The server BIOS allows me to load either Intel code or Adaptec code to build my RAID, but none of them works with "testing".

Is there any way to workaround this and to make a RAID volume usable by the debian installer ? Any idea is welcome.

the server: <http://supermicro.com/products/system/1U/6015/SYS-6015P- TR.cfm>
dmesg output: <http://patpro.net/~patpro/dmesg.txt>

thanks,

Patrick PRONIEWSKI
--
Administrateur Système - SENTIER - Université Lumière Lyon 2