xserver-common removes every non-common package

Hello!

I updated X to resolve some gtk 1 font problems, and it worked.
However, the nvidia driver was deleted and cannot be installed anymore. It
depends on xserver-common, but xserver-common would delete every kde package
and many more (about 300 packages).

I don't understand why xserver-common deletes everything except common stuff.
I would say this package is useless in its current state and also the
depending packages (like the nivida driver).

 HR