Re: GRUB splashimage

Partial solution...  Found update-grub and it created a good menu.lst that works w/out f'ing up my system...  but all the images look like crap...  REAL grainie...  like a colored pixel every 100th one..  you can't even tell what the image is supposed to look like..

Images are created according to specs i found for debian..  640x480 14 colors and xpm format then and put into /boot/grub/ ...  UUMMMM....  what the heck is wrong??  I'm sure it's the image but I'm following all the criteria I can find and rebooting OVER AND OVER just to test different image formats isn't a very good option...

Your aid would be greatly appreciated...
Mike, try the attached image. It is working on my system perfectly. If it works, then your configuration is ok, but your image is bad. If it doesn't work, then your image is ok, and your config is bad. Did you compress your image with gzip? It needs to be compressed as well as in xpm format.

Jason

Mike..