pdc20262 problems

Good evening debian-folks!

I have a problem with my Promise U66 PDC20262 ide-controller. In the early 2.4-kernels ist was wonderfully supported, but someone messed it up in 2.4.26 and since then it is half broken. There was a big issue around this driver (pdc202xx_old.c) and in 2.6.7 it was fixed. The problem is actually that it was only fixed for >=pdc20264, and I have still problems with my pdc20262. Without dma the harddisks work wonderfully, but slooooowly. With dma enabled I get seek errors and all that stuff, the system becomes unusable. Has anyone out there running a pdc20262 with a reasonable new kernel? (I really do not want to go back to >2.4.26)
Any ideas?

Regards,
Csaba

--