I guess I've reached Gigabit

Actually it looks like ping wasn't a good indicatator of speed. I
tried downloading knoppix, and running iperf, and it came up with 528
Mbps, so it seems that is working. I'm not sure why FTP was limited
before cause I was able to pull at about 20 MB/s in knoppix. What is
still bothering me is samba won't go faster than 13.6 MB/s which is
annoying...

Anyway thank you for your help everyone...

Steve R