Re: DVD Ripping --

Hi,

I'm just guessing, but that what you want us to do, right?  ;-)

Well... all the programs you listed are **big** CPU consumers... so my
guess is that your CPU overheats and locks your system.

Are you sure the CPU fan is working all right?

At the shell, try something as simple as

$ while : ; do : ; done

(this will eat all your CPU cycles) and let it stay there for a couple
of hours.  If your system resists to this test, I'll drop my case!  ;-)

Good luck,
João

--
Joao Lourenco                  Tels: (+351) 212 948 536
Dep. Informatica                     (+351) 212 948 300