Re: intermittent audio.

On Friday 01 April 2005 12:38 pm, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Audio works perfectly when it works, and continues to work at
> least until the audio user logs out.
> Oftern, though, it doesn't work.  Not sure what the cause is.
> Rerunning alsaconf and accepting all the default choices usually
> fixes the problem.
> Any theories?
>
> -- hendrik

No help but wanted to voice my similar problem.  I called it the debian sarge
sound altzheimers problem because it seemed to keep forgetting it's settings
all the time :-(.  I never really got any help from forums or Chat but sorta
stumbled on this little thing that seemed to solve my problem.

What helped was going into BIOS and disabling AC97 sound.  MB is a gigabyte
GA7DX ... Also interesting note, I learned alsa starts up with the sound
muted by default.  You have to either use alsamix or whatever you want to
'unmute' it.

I know this may not be much help but at least you know you're not alone with
this problem.. <g>

--
Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...

Computers -
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
...Ken Olson, Pres. of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977